Friday, June 17, 2011

80's babies

Let’s go puffy sleeves! ...and ruffles, and studs, and leotards – or all together… Hey, why not?
The 80’s are always around in my eyes. Ah, my favourite era. Batwing jackets and stonewashed jeans.
Recently, the 80's are being reinvented to the fullest. Distinctively structured details on garments are exaggerated to make pieces look futuristic, but still old school. What a hot combo. And supersize my shoulder pads, please. Thanks!
Dig out mom’s (or auntie’s or cousin’s) old clothes and start modernizing them. Someone HAS to have clothes from the 80’s kicking around. If all else fails, call up a hoarder. *wink*
Play with fabrics. Add or take away whatever you have to until the desired look is achieved. Browse through magazines. Mix it up with some 90's clothes. Then, run back to your sewing room and apply what you have absorbed into recreating an oldie into a goodie... or a newbie? ...you know what I mean.

Look what I found:
http://betsyvintage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=11134


Gotta jet - I'm due for my perm.

No comments:

Post a Comment